“Some people think it’s holding on that makes one strong- sometimes it’s letting go.”- Unknown
Another thing I learned the hard way was to let go of past failures. I had to take the experience for what it was worth and become a better person from it. Failure is inevitable. If you’re blessed to live long enough, you’re going to lose at something. No one is perfect. The fear of failing can restrain you from moving forward with your dreams and goals.
Here are 5 things that helped during my growth process of letting go:
- Turn my discontentment to action – I had to put my money where my mouth was and use my unhappiness as fuel.
- Change my perspective – I had to change my way of thinking.
- Look at the bright side – WHATEVER happened, things could be worse. I had to learn to take the good and the bad.
- Focus on something new – I had to put that energy into something new.
- Not pity myself – Crying can be therapeutic, but I had to learn to get it out of my system and move on in a timely manner.
What are you holding on to that is holding you back?